We believe in a fossil free future. Would you like to be a part of the revolutionary development of the fossil-free value chain for steelmaking? We are currently looking for a Data Scientist to HYBRIT Development.
In 2016, SSAB, LKAB and Vattenfall joined forces to create HYBRIT. HYBRIT aims to replace coking coal, traditionally needed for ore-based steelmaking, with hydrogen. The result will be the world’s first fossil-free steelmaking technology, with virtually no carbon footprint. Read more at: www.hybritdevelopment.se/en
We work project based and the team is currently distributed between Luleå and Stockholm.
As a Data Scientist at Hybrit you will take the lead working with digitalization development for fossil free iron and steel production. Process development is ongoing at the pilot plant for direct reduction of iron in Luleå. At the same time preparations are being made to build an industrial scale reduction plant in Gällivare, Malmberget by 2026.
In a fast-paced and dynamic R&D environment you will have a central role in digitalization development. You will be working with practical application of your expertise in the daily activities of process development, while at the same time contributing to Hybrit´s overall digitalization journey. You are expected to take lead in planning and executing activities related to process monitoring, control and optimization. In your work you will collaborate actively with specialists from different areas such as process engineering, product development, modelling, automation, and IT. Working teams typically include Hybrit colleagues as well as external partners.
This position is with advantage based in Luleå, but Stockholm can be discussed. You will report to Director for Research & Development.
Your key responsibilities
- Gather, analyse, and model large sets of process data.
- Apply statistical methods, machine learning and other analytics tools to deliver solutions for process monitoring, control, and optimization.
- Develop required data management solutions together with Hybrit’s IT department.
- Collaborate on development and application of digital twin.
- Collaborate on development and application of digitalization concepts for the scaled up Hybrit process.
Skills and attributes for success
- Engineering degree with focus on mathematics, statistics, computer science, AI or similar areas.
- 3-5 years of professional or academic experience.
- Programming languages, such as Python or R.
- Data storage, processing, and computing technologies.
- Strong sense of responsibility, and ownership.
- Strong English skills in writing and communication
- Collaborative focused
The position will be based in either Luleå or Stockholm, Sweden.
The Hybrit offer
- A journey in learnings
- Top quality equipment and new technology
- Balanced working conditions with flexible working hours and remote work options
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in a modern and fast-paced environment
We work project based, digital and adapt to new circumstances fast. We empower smart, passionate, curious minds to collaborate, innovate and work together to create something that will make a real difference. We hope you´re interested in joining our journey towards a fossil free future.
We are continuously going through applications, and we therefore urge you to apply for this position as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding this position, you are welcome to contact Fredrik Ålund, Recruitment Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date of application is 2022-01-23
Apply here: https://hudsonnordic.se/jobs/data-scientist/
Background checks: In this position the final candidate will be subject to a security vetting process/background check and a new employee check by occupational health including alcohol and drug test. The purpose is to maintain good staff safety and to see how you experience your health before you start your employment at Hybrit.
Handling of personal data in recruitment
In order to process your job application, we must store and process personal data about you such as name, social security number and address. We comply with all integrity legislation applicable for the processing of personal data. When applying for a position at Hybrit, you give your consent to our processing of your personal data. Your personal data will be stored during the application period and will be erased thereafter. The personal data will not be shared or transferred to a country outside the EU.
Skicka din ansökan till: email@example.com
Sista ansökningsdag: 23 januari 2022